Business administration is an administrative or management role concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. All organizations need people to fill this role, so there are many opportunities for people with qualifications in this field and the salaries are good. Hence, the programs that qualify people in this area are very popular.
Many students take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration), which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs do get better jobs and considerably higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. For students who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, taking an MBA or other masters program is important for learning the marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. This page is to help you find out more about these programs, where you can take them, what employers expect, certification, and what you can earn after graduation.
What is studied in online business administration programs?
Administrative managers need to be able to analyze situations or problems, determine suitable actions, communicate with and motivate staff to implement the required action. They must also be detail oriented.
Business administration programs are designed to develop students’ analytical, communication and leadership skills. Most programs include: accounting, microeconomics, strategic management, organizational management, corporate finance and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in various majors, e.g., a bachelors degree in business administration with majors including: Accounting; Business Information Systems; Project Management; and, Technical Communication. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) and doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects after graduation?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Administrative Services Managers with a Bachelor’s degree and less than five years experience had a median salary of $81,000 in 2012. Those who have an MBA can expect to earn more as they advance to higher level positions, such as director of administrative services. Some experienced managers may join or establish a management consulting firm to provide contract administrative management services. The job outlook for 2012-2020 is a growth of 12%.
List of schools and programs
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Business Administration/Marketing and Management
- Business Administration/Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- MBA - Management
- And more...
Your educational needs. Our commitment.
At Kaplan College, we create programs with our students’ needs in mind. Our goal is to empower you with the real-world knowledge you need to succeed beyond the classroom. We offer a variety of programs at 28 campuses across 7 states in various degree levels to help train you for entry-level employment in a variety of rewarding careers.
- Business Administration
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA (Online Only)
- Master in Business Administration Professional
- Business Administration, BA (Online and Hybrid)
- And more...
- AS - Business Management
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Management