Leadership programs are useful for those interested in pursuing supervisory, management or leadership positions in business, government, military and other settings. Some take programs in criminal justice leadership, others take programs in organizational leadership or leadership psychology, and organizational leadership degrees. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, taking a leadership degree will be useful in assisting with your career prospects. This page helps you to locate suitable online leadership programs and tells you more about them.
What do online leadership programs cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. The difference between manager and leader is best illustrated with an example. A chief operations manager will use leadership skills when formulating a strategic plan and influencing others to follow it. On the other hand, he or she will use management skills when managing the resources of the company.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include:
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- management decision making;
- building collaborative teams;
- change management;
- strategic planning;
- transformative leadership;
- leadership influences;
- diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
A leadership degree can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You can be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of schools and programs
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership
- MS in Management
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MS - Leadership (ACBSP-accredited)
- PhD - Leadership
- DBA - Leadership
- And more...
- Applied Management (Associate's)
- Business (Associate's)
- Business (Bachelor's)
- And more...
- Organizational Leadership
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
- Bachelor's - Management
- Bachelor's - Business Administration - Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Try Your Introductory Course Risk Free
- Lower Tuition Cost Than Many Other Universities. Classes Start Soon.
- Engaging, manageable 8-week classes start every month
- Curriculum developed by academic and industry professionals
- Bachelor of Science in Business / Minor in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Management
- And more...
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Please Call 855-816-4001 to speak to a customer representative.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln College of Technology. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus
- Business Administration
Earn Your Degree from U.S. News & World Report-Ranked Florida Tech – 100% Online
Grounded in a tradition of excellence since 1958, a degree from Florida Tech puts you in good company. With a longstanding reputation of unmatched academics, Florida Tech has educated NASA scientists, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and highly decorated military generals. Join distinguished alumni and empower yourself with a career-building degree that employers value.
- Master of Business Administration
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Management
- And more...
- BS - Business Management