This page provides an annotated list of websites with OER (Open Educational Resources) for education teaching materials. It is not a definitive list – please let us know of sites that you think should be included.
Right click on the following links to open in a new window so that you can easily return here. You might also want to check our page of Selected OER.
- Open Courseware Consortium – use, share, and support OER (multilingual site) at http://www.oeconsortium.org/
- A good site to view video clips (sometimes long) of academic lectures on a range of topics is http://academicearth.org/ The lectures vary in style and quality, so it is worth browsing.
- OER Commons – free to use resources for teaching and learning from around the world at http://www.oercommons.org/
- TED talks (Technology, Education, Design) lots of informative video clips and a wider community of users at http://www.ted.com/
- This site is from the US Education Department consisting of teaching and learning resources from the US Federal government. New sites are added regularly: http://free.ed.gov/
- The Open University OpenLearn Project: http://openlearn.open.ac.uk – an excellent resource
- Another good site from the UK Open University on interactive learning, with links to lots of great educational videoclips (now part of the OpenLearn Project): http://www.open2.net
- The Creative Commons site (re-use and mix for free) http://creativecommons.org/ or learn about Creative Commons by watching their video presentations at: http://creativecommons.org/videos
- EdutechWiki, an educational technology open resource, at TECFA, University of Geneva: http://edutechwiki.unige.ch
- Online College Classes – A free compendium of educational multimedia content from around the web.
- A website that works like a search engine to locate OER for educational use http://www.oerrecommender.org
- Directory of Open Access Journals: http://www.doaj.org
- A free service for finding scholarly articles: http://www.citeulike.org
- The site of the European Digital Library Project and resources http://www.edlproject.eu
- Wikimedia Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Commonwealth of Learning (COL) WikiEducator http://www.wikieducator.org
- Harvard Open Collections Program (OCP): http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) OpenCourseWare (OCW): http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/index.htm
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT): http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm
- Open access courses from Yale University http://oyc.yale.edu
- Connexions: sharing knowledge and building communities: http://cnx.org
- Open Archives Initiative (OAI): http://www.openarchives.org
- Sofia (Sharing of Free Intellectual Assets) Open Content Initiative – Modeled after MIT’s OpenCourseWare Initiative, Sofia encourages the free exchange of community college-level materials on the World Wide Web: http://sofia.fhda.edu/gallery
- Blended Learning (click “Sourcing Content”): http://blendedlearning.wikispaces.com
- Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org
- Open Directory Project (ODP): http://www.dmoz.org
- BC Campus – shareable online learning resources at: http://solr.bccampus.ca:8001/bcc/access/home.do?
- dgcommunities – OER plus some links to further information at: http://openeducation.zunia.org
- Free Learning – access free educational resources from across the globe at: http://freelearning.bccampus.ca
- Harvard University Library – Open Collections Program – links to many open resources: http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu
- Intute Virtual Training Suite providing online tutorial by subject to help with study skills: http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk
- National Science Digital Library (USA) online resources for education K12 and Higher Education at http://nsdl.org/
- Utah State University OpenCourseWare site (and links to other US institutions) at http://ocw.usu.edu/
- Jorum – shareable OER for Higher Education and Further Education from UK institutions at http://www.jorum.ac.uk
- Google Books – an enhanced catalogue of global books (with downloads for out-of-copyright books) http://books.google.com/googlebooks/library.html
- More books for free (not just academic books): http://manybooks.net
- OER search (no annotations): http://edtechpost.wikispaces.com/OER+Dynamic+Search+Engine
- Curriki – a community of educators, learners and education experts who are working together to create quality materials for teachers and students around the world: http://www.curriki.org
- Gleeditions – a site that provides free, searchable access to public domain Common Core literature for grades 9-CCR, developed by a team of instructional technologists and professors: http://www.gleeditions.com
More OER Websites
Click on the other resource links on this site:
List of schools and programs
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
- Education, MS (Online Only)
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Master of Arts in Education - Educational Technology
- Master of Arts in Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- And more...
- A.S. - Early Childhood Education
Brandman University, part of the prestigious 150-year-old Chapman University system is a private, non-profit regionally accredited university that offers a high quality education for non-traditional adult students.
At Brandman University, students can choose from over 50 undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs in Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education and Nursing and Health professions.
- Added Emphasis Ed Spec Credential- Mod/Sev (Preliminary)
- Added Emphasis Ed Spec Credential- Mild/Mod (Preliminary)
- MA in Teaching with Secondary Education Emphasis
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- B.S. in Child Studies
Discover the power of ONE COURSE A MONTH® to fit education into your busy life. Brown Mackie College’s ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule lets you focus on your course work one subject at a time.
- Associate of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed: Special Education (Non-Endorsement)
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Education
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education (K-6)
- Master of Education - Elementary Education (K-6) Initial Licensure
- Master of Education - Teacher as Instructional Leader
- Early Childcare Education