This page provides an annotated list of websites with OER (Open Educational Resources) for education teaching materials. It is not a definitive list – please let us know of sites that you think should be included.
Right click on the following links to open in a new window so that you can easily return here. You might also want to check our page of Selected OER.
- Open Courseware Consortium – use, share, and support OER (multilingual site) at http://www.oeconsortium.org/
- A good site to view video clips (sometimes long) of academic lectures on a range of topics is http://academicearth.org/ The lectures vary in style and quality, so it is worth browsing.
- OER Commons – free to use resources for teaching and learning from around the world at http://www.oercommons.org/
- TED talks (Technology, Education, Design) lots of informative video clips and a wider community of users at http://www.ted.com/
- This site is from the US Education Department consisting of teaching and learning resources from the US Federal government. New sites are added regularly: http://free.ed.gov/
- The Open University OpenLearn Project: http://openlearn.open.ac.uk – an excellent resource
- Another good site from the UK Open University on interactive learning, with links to lots of great educational videoclips (now part of the OpenLearn Project): http://www.open2.net
- The Creative Commons site (re-use and mix for free) http://creativecommons.org/ or learn about Creative Commons by watching their video presentations at: http://creativecommons.org/videos
- EdutechWiki, an educational technology open resource, at TECFA, University of Geneva: http://edutechwiki.unige.ch
- Online College Classes – A free compendium of educational multimedia content from around the web.
- A website that works like a search engine to locate OER for educational use http://www.oerrecommender.org
- Directory of Open Access Journals: http://www.doaj.org
- A free service for finding scholarly articles: http://www.citeulike.org
- The site of the European Digital Library Project and resources http://www.edlproject.eu
- Wikimedia Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Commonwealth of Learning (COL) WikiEducator http://www.wikieducator.org and course materials at: http://www.col.org/resources/crsMaterials/Pages/default.aspx
- Harvard Open Collections Program (OCP): http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) OpenCourseWare (OCW): http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/index.htm
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT): http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm
- Open access courses from Yale University http://oyc.yale.edu
- Connexions: sharing knowledge and building communities: http://cnx.org
- Open Archives Initiative (OAI): http://www.openarchives.org
- Sofia (Sharing of Free Intellectual Assets) Open Content Initiative – Modeled after MIT’s OpenCourseWare Initiative, Sofia encourages the free exchange of community college-level materials on the World Wide Web: http://sofia.fhda.edu/gallery
- Blended Learning (click “Sourcing Content”): http://blendedlearning.wikispaces.com
- Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org
- Open Directory Project (ODP): http://www.dmoz.org
- BC Campus – shareable online learning resources at: http://solr.bccampus.ca:8001/bcc/access/home.do?
- dgcommunities – OER plus some links to further information at: http://openeducation.zunia.org
- Free Learning – access free educational resources from across the globe at: http://freelearning.bccampus.ca
- Harvard University Library – Open Collections Program – links to many open resources: http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu
- Intute Virtual Training Suite providing online tutorial by subject to help with study skills: http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk
- National Science Digital Library (USA) online resources for education K12 and Higher Education at http://nsdl.org/
- Utah State University OpenCourseWare site (and links to other US institutions) at http://ocw.usu.edu/
- Jorum – shareable OER for Higher Education and Further Education from UK institutions at http://www.jorum.ac.uk
- Google Books – an enhanced catalogue of global books (with downloads for out-of-copyright books) http://books.google.com/googlebooks/library.html
- More books for free (not just academic books): http://manybooks.net
- OER search (no annotations): http://edtechpost.wikispaces.com/OER+Dynamic+Search+Engine
- Curriki – a community of educators, learners and education experts who are working together to create quality materials for teachers and students around the world: http://www.curriki.org
- Gleeditions – a site that provides free, searchable access to public domain Common Core literature for grades 9-CCR, developed by a team of instructional technologists and professors: http://www.gleeditions.com
More OER Websites
Click on the other resource links on this site:
List of schools and programs
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- A.A. in Education
- Continuing Teacher Education
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed: Special Education (Non-Endorsement)
- And more...
- Specialized, industry-current knowledge and skills for goal-oriented professionals.
- Curricula based upon complex, real-world situations that can challenge you to organize, research and solve problems.
- Innovative programs designed to help you maximize your current knowledge and fast track the pace of your achievements.
- Supportive community of students, educators, mentors and successful professionals ready to welcome you. Are You In?
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- MS - Teaching and Learning
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- M.Ed. Teaching & Learning: History
- AA in Education (Non-Licensure)
- CERT: Preschool
- And more...
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- Ph.D. in Education - Mixed-Model
- Ed.S. in Assessment Evaluation and Accountability - General Program
- Ph.D. in Education - Mixed-Model - Global and Comparative Education
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Global Training and Development - EdS
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...