Programs in TESOL provide you with the skills to teach English to speakers of other languages. Although there are plenty of job opportunities in this field, you don’t take TESOL or TESL to become rich. But you do get to travel to some interesting places. With this training you are well-equipped to travel and experience other cultures, whilst having a educationally rewarding teaching career. You may not get the biggest salary, but you certainly can get an exciting lifestyle, and learn a lot about the world. This page will help you find out more about the programs, where you can study them online, career prospects, and more…
What is involved in programs in TESOL?
“TESOL” stands for “Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages”. As the name suggests, it is a specialized branch of education. Various other phrases have been used to describe the same activity, including most prominently: TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language; and, TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language, sometimes also abbreviated ESL). In practice, there is little difference between ESL, TESL, TEFL and TESOL courses.
If travel and experiencing new cultures are things you like or think you’d like, then a TESOL certificate is the qualification for you. If you want to make a career of TESOL, then you may wish to consider taking a TESOL masters program.
List of schools and programs
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (K - Adult)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English Language Development
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Education in TESOL - Adult Education
- Master of Education in TESOL - PreK-12 Add-on
- Certificate in TESOL
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MS - English Language Learning and Teaching
- MS - Integrative Studies
- MS - K-12 Studies in Education
- And more...
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
- Education, MS
- Master of Science in Education with a specialization in Teaching and Learning (Online Only)
Brandman University, part of the prestigious 150-year-old Chapman University system is a private, non-profit regionally accredited university that offers a high quality education for non-traditional adult students.
At Brandman University, students can choose from over 50 undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs in Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education and Nursing and Health professions.
- Added Emphasis Ed Spec Credential- Mild/Mod (Preliminary)
- Credential (Multiple Subjects/2042)
- Credential (Single Subject/2042)
- And more...
The College of Professional Studies (CPS) is where adults can find their home at Villanova University. No matter what your educational need, we’ll meet it.
- English as a Second Language
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Education
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- B.S. in Instructional Design and Technology
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Adult Education and Training